Monday, August 30, 2010


Dear Friends of B & H Organic Produce,
Hello to September and Back to School. I hope all you teachers and students are ready and eager for the up and coming year.
Fall is in the air and a new season begins for us as well. I am not rushing the end of the season although I am looking forward to the break. If only all the work could be spread out a bit.
If you are new to receiving my emails: I send them out weekly. You can email me to disengage from the list at any time. I will be sending out lists of what we are harvesting for the week, events we are involved with and recipes. I post the emails on our blog http://bhorganics.blogspot.com/ each week so that you can archive the recipes.
The 2nd annual Rt 10 Organic Grower's Tour was this past weekend and it was a huge success. Our interns Lisa and Miriam worked very hard to give a great tour. I don't know what I will do without them. I will post photos on the blog. We had a great turn out of new faces and very interested listeners. We are so grateful for all of you.
Our last event of the season is coming up on September 11th. (see attached flyer). This will be a seasonal cooking class instructed by Bonnie Showalter a longtime friend and yoga teacher. This is fresh local food at it's finest with a focus on flavor and especially preserving the energy of the food you eat. Please contact me if you are interested we are keeping the class small so reservations are required.
What we will be bringing to market this week:
  • kale
  • chard
  • peppers
  • basil
  • boc choi
  • lettuce
  • salad mix
  • eggplant
  • carrots
  • winter squash
  • garlic
  • flowers
  • tomatoes
  • potatoes

Recipes:
These recipes came straight from my October 9th 2009 blog. I felt is was appropriate even now and made my stomach grumble when I read it.
Many of these recipes were submitted by our CSA members. The others I found by just googling "Eggplant Kale Recipe".
Well I think this should keep you all busy for a while.

We will not have Thursday deliveries this week. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you again and have a great week,
Erica