Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hackers

Dear Customers,
Yes, my email was hacked and they emailed all of you an email stating that I was stuck in London and needed money. Well rest assured I was at the farm cleaning our irrigation lines and weeding asparagus. Unfortunately, they erased all my emails, my contact lists, and they had all my emails forwarded to them. Fortunately, there were so many people around to support me and help me figure it all out. Unfortunately, I could not contact you all till it was too late and some of you I was not able to contact at all because I do not have an accurate contact list.
I apologize for the inconvenience. I reported this to: the local police, the FTC, IC3 and Google. I thought Gmail was the safest email out there. Although I know it could happen to any one, google was not supportive at all.
I am still unable to retrieve my email list and will probably not be able to do so. I had to singly type in 700 email addresses last night to send the message to those of you whom I have addresses.
Please spread the word to everyone you know. It is impossible to get the money back and impossible to track these people in Nigeria whom hacked into a computer in California to pull off this scam. Be aware of suspicious emails. Do not send money to anyone whom you are not 100% positive is whom they say they are.
I had been looking into one of those email services for next season. At this point I want to check their security. I will not be sending any more mass emails until I can find a safer way to send them out. For now I will be using this blog to contact you.
I can receive emails at bhorganics@gmail.com, but at this point I am only allowed to send one out at a time. I am assuming that the hackers are done with my email address for now.
If you or anyone you know has sent them money please contact me.
And please, please let everyone that you know, know about these scams. They are happening to everyone.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
We will be at market on Sunday. I love being a farmer and being in the field and at market makes all this worth it.
Erica