Friday, May 27, 2011


Hello Friends of B & H Organic Produce and Welcome CSA Members.

This year has been very interesting. It is the wettest spring I can remember. This set us back quite a bit and our first planting in the mud was pretty spotty. The upside is that somehow I managed to pull together the most amazing crew of people to work with me this season. There is so much positive energy and joy. The veggies can’t help but grow. We are totally caught up with planting and very ready to begin the market and CSA season.

The Elverson Farmer’s Market begins Saturday May 28th at Livingood Park 9 am till 1 pm. And the West Reading Farmer’s Market begins Sunday May 29 th 500 block of Penn Ave 9 am till 1 pm. And of course the CSA begins on Wednesday June 1st.

I am very excited to get going again and to see all the faces I have missed so dearly over the winter. You all mean more to me than you will know.

This week we are harvesting:

· Strawberries

· Spinach

· Salad mix

· Radishes

· Kale

· Baby Pac Choi

· Lettuce

· And if you are interested in herbs we have: oregano, marjoram, mint, sage, and garlic chives.

· Komatsuna- mild Asian mustard green.

If you ordered a meat share through our CSA it will be delivered the first drop off of each month. That means you will be receiving your first meat share on Wednesday June 1st.

Aren’t sure what is in your box. Please check our recipe blog http://www.bhrecipes.blogspot.com/ I worked for several years compiling this information just for the CSA. I would love it if you would add your comments and your own recipes as well. Remember that if you copy recipes you must site the original author.

You do not have to order for the CSA each week. Only order if there is something your absolutely want or do not want. If you do not order we will pack a very well rounded box for you. I have been doing this for a long time and I know what most customers are looking for.

Thank you all so much and have a super week,

Erica