Wednesday, June 4, 2008


First CSA delivery...
Dear Members,
I hope you will enjoy the first delivery for this season. I would like to remind you all to check this blog often to see pictures and details of the boxes you will be picking up. All the greens are best stored in a plastic bag or crisper in your refrigerator. Greens tend to lose their moisture quickly in the refrigerator. Storing the greens properly will make them last much longer.
If you are not clear on how to prepare either the baby boc choi or broccoli raab what follows is what I made for dinner tonight (broccoli raab may be substituted for the baby boc choi).
I simply sauteed a half of an onion, 2 cloves of garlic, chopped baby boc choi , 1 pound white fish, tamari, toasted sesame oil and water. I let it simmer for about 20 minutes. When it was all cooked I added 1 tablespoon miso to the broth and served. This would be great with brown rice or noodles. We had it plain with a salad (made from the salad mix and radishes).
I hope this clears things up. I will be posting a blog in the next few days to let you know what to expect for next week.
Erica
B & H Organic Produce